02-14-2013, 01:50 PM   #6
MLSavage
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 135i AW 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
Will you plan on mod-ing your future 135i ? I think that will determine whether you go N54 or N55.

2010's came with a downgraded base stereo system. So you might want to find a car with HK. Also starting in 2011, bmw changed the rear suspension springs from progressive to linear. Some say that makes the rear of the car have less wiggle.
I would lean towards a PPK and that be the end of it. If I were I would pick something slightly more aggressive than the PPK. I don't see myself going to the extent of some of the guys on here as long as this is my DD. Now if I get a significant income increase and have disposable income for a separate DD, anything is possible. By that time I think the N55 would be more easily tunable (assumption).

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAM135iAM View Post
2011...Hands down. I am biased though. However, I did fair some of the same questions as you before purchasing my car. I was looking at a loaded 2010 135i 6MT. The main reason I chose the 2011 was because it has more warranty left, lower mileage, DCT, and new iDrive. (in that order) I absolutely love manual transmission and all my previous cars had been manual. It was what I wanted at first, but since I was purchasing a car as my daily driver, getting a DCT optioned 135i just made more since. Also, once I drove it and put it in sport mode and used the paddles....OMG....lighting fast.
I'm definitely only considering a MT, however, I have heard how nice the DCT is. A clear example of technology changing for the better in car making.

The longer warranty remaining on the 2011 makes sense, but from what I've seen the miles are essentially the same and the 2011's having more than the specific 2010 I'm looking at. (which is here http://www.leithbmw.com/used-Raleigh...UC7C57AVK80980 )

Last edited by MLSavage; 02-14-2013 at 01:54 PM.. Reason: reply to Sam
Appreciate 0