View Single Post
      07-15-2012, 12:25 PM   #22
max102654
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 135i convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam135 View Post
I thought the new 4 cylinder Turbo is a lot faster than the old 328?
I do not want a Turbo this go around. I already have a 6 cylinder Turbo. The point is for everyday drive and long trip, I just want to get a reliable NA I6 engine. I do not believe a bit that the reliability of the forced induction turbo is going to be the same as the NA I6 engine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkoral View Post
Or more specifically a pre-2012 328i won't have those problems.

To the OP, with the Elise and Cayman R in the garage, I don't see the point of keeping the 135i. If it were my garage, the 1er would collect dust.
I did think about trading in the 135i but we still have some hopes for the 135i. "Might be" they really fix all the problems. It is such a fun car when it is working. The N54 got another engine of the year award, LOL. It might be just my bad luck. The 135i performs so effortlessly and it is always a joy ride. Trying to get in and out the Elise can break your back and you feel every single bump on the road. Cayman R is fantastic but don't want to put too many miles on it. Since the car is already paid off so why not just shelf it for a little while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYearsBoy View Post
I cant believe you bought another BMW..
I was so frustrated with BMW when the dealer refused to fix my car and I did comtemplate to switch. But BMW handles so well and I just can't find another sports sedan that can compare. Some of the brands make me feel like I'm riding on a boat. Others are very stable but feel totally disconnected. BMW is our Ultimate Driving Sports Sedan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSt|G View Post
Indeed.

I suspect in time people will discover what it is. The last and the best of the non M varient NA I6 engines BMW made.
I came to the same conclusion after my three years with the 135i. It actually took me a while to find a 2011 328i which meets my choice of color and options. Most of the dealers sold out 2011 models or they were turned into loaners. I was so overjoyed to finally find one. The sales guy said he never met a person so happy to see an old model. I intend to keep the 328i for a long long time.
Appreciate 0