///Mmmm
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 BMW 135i

Garage List
Thanks for the comments!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlickShift View Post
Looks good man. When I was putting my spacers on (pre-Breytons) I used some WD-40 and sandpaper to get the rust off the hubs. It made it a lot easier to get the spacers on. I used the same anti-seeze too - works pretty well. You coming out Saturday?
Cant come tomorrow, out going house stuff, plus I got a new job... got a lot going on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
Nice DIY photos.

One tip, I would hammer the spacers onto the hub. I would have used a wire brush or scotch-brite pad to remove the rust from the hub lip area.

Q). Did you also use longer wheel bolts? Do they come with the BMS kit? How much if you don't mind me asking?

Also - maybe you could post some outdoor photos of your car w/the spacers mounted.

Dackel

I did hammer the spacer onto the hub. I tried a bunch of remedies, I guess I'm either weak or didnt try hard enough. Either way they are gonna be a pain getting off if I ever need to get them off. I paid BMS retail price which is $99 pair, and they come with new lug bolts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxnix View Post
Firestone is death to good wheels and lugs! They just don't care. It is like taking your BMW to Jiffy Lube or NTB and expecting competent service.

Don't really understand why anyone adds additional rotating unsprung mass instead of buying a wheel with the proper offset?

Hopefully you will get a competent shop to install your suspension.

Like mentioned above, spacers are cheaper, and I like my wheels. I plan on installing the suspension myself with a mechanic friend I have. Only had firestone switch my tires out a few months ago, cuz I cant do that. Come'on, can you switch tires urself with the average man's tools? Um.. no

Firestone also damaged my wheels + BMW Wheel warranty = wheels look new again for free.
PDC Flickr YouTube
Appreciate 0