View Single Post
      01-06-2009, 08:50 PM   #4
oldman
Australia
Rep
Drives: 09 135i AW Coupe

Hi ulrichd

I have an issue during manufacture. There is a black lug under the left side of the rear right tail light assembly (right near the boot lid) where the bumper is actually sitting under the lug and not on top like the left hand side leaving a larger gap, so my idea is to loosen the right hand side bolts like in your DIY and move the bumper up on top of the lug where it should be.

I spoke to my dealer about it and they said bring it in, but qualified that by saying they may have to send it off to a repair shop to have it done which I'm not too keen on at all. It seems they are good mechanically, but their skills in the bodywork department are questionable.

Anyway after all the ranting above, the issue is that the bumper can be jiggled around with all the bolts out, but there seems to be something holding it approx. 6 inches back from where it is held by the top bolt attaching it to the wheel arch (see side view where circle is). Do you remember if there is a bold there as well that I may need to get to. I envisage its probably near the middle of the top of the side crush (egg crate) piece.

Thanks in advance
Attached Images

Appreciate 0