View Single Post
      07-03-2012, 11:59 AM   #11
JimD
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 128i convertible

There are some things at the bottom of page 2 of the thread on the bmw coding forum (for convertibles) that seem worth investigating but I haven't made the time yet. Given how it works on the e88 for opening, it seems likely that there are two changes necessary to permit closing with the fob. What I think may be one of them I comment on in the same thread, 3rd page, but the other remains to be discovered.

I also like the digital speedometer (in Kombi, not CAS in my car) and eliminating the speed "correction". Eliminating the correction makes the digital speedometer agree with the GPS well but the analog is still high by several miles per hour. I found a setting for the counts per kilometer for speedometer I want to check out but I haven't even figured out what module it is in.

I'm happy with the changes I've made and I think they are more significant than the ones I haven't made yet but this stuff gets a little addictive. When it works it's great and when it doesn't it makes me want to mess around and make it work. Understanding German would be a big help. There are help files for at least some of the software but it is in German and thus not useful to me.

Jim