View Single Post
      01-31-2013, 06:57 PM   #13
Pig Farmer
Major
Rep
Drives: E92M

I had the same thing happen to me today. I left work, drove about 5 miles, and stopped for gas. After filling up, I turned the car on, put it in gear, the car rolled back a couple inches and I felt/heard a clunk before the car engaged and began to move forward. When I pulled out of the gas station, the car felt sluggish then I got the yellow gear symbol with the "!" in the center. When moving the gear lever to DS, the car stayed in D. It wouldn't shift into M1, M2, M3, etc. I drove the car to my house which is about a mile away from the gas station and turned the car off. A minute later I fired the car up and everything was back to normal. I found this strange seeing that it is not really cold outside (59 degrees) and the car was already warm. I'm wondering if anyone else has seen this symbol, and whether I can expect this problem to return/get worse. One thing I have noticed is that strange things can happen when your battery is less than fully charged. With all the sensors in this car, I'm wondering if some of these issues are related to a cold battery?
Appreciate 0