View Single Post
      02-15-2013, 05:02 PM   #1
MLSavage
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 135i AW 6MT

Brake Problem, Please help!

Hi guys, I have an issue with my new brakes that I installed myself on my 2002 325i.
I have Brembo OEM rotors
Hawk HPS pads
I also changed the lines and the fluid.
All 4 wheels were done. I applied anti-seize on the hub face and brake grease in all specified locations to every DIY online.

This was my first brake job done by myself (with the help of my uncle), everything was fine when I first started to bed the pads in, no noise, no vibration. Shortly after bedding the pads in I started to get pedal feedback and a "whoom whoom whoom" sound from inside the car under moderate to heavy breaking; it's a clear clanking sound outside of the car coming from both front tires.
We re-bleed the brakes to make sure there are no bubbles and check that everything is installed correctly, and it is.
I decide to see if the sound would go away when the pads wear in further. It doesn't, it did become a noticeable lighter sound for 2 days and then came back to the normal clanking and whoom inside.
I talk to all of the car guys at my work, including my uncle and we think its a warped rotor.
I check the rotors with a dial caliper and the right front rotor is out of spec, I'm relieved because I think I have solved the problem, I order a new rotor and I finally installed it today.
I bed them in and just like last time, no sounds or issues my first few bed in pass by's, and then it comes back. To say I'm depressed at this point is an understatement.
Changing the warped rotor has not fixed the issue. I still have the noise and the pedal feedback.

I am hoping someone knows what is going on, I am out of ideas, please help!
Appreciate 0