05-11-2011, 09:08 AM   #13
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Quote:
Originally Posted by comar1979
Yep... but the 95db is not everything to get it StreetLegal (at least for a "normal" German).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsabor67 View Post
I understand? I have seen how stringent TUV testing is and thank GOD we don't have to go through this. Alot of USAREUR vehicles would be out of plates if they had to go through TUV.
I wonder what the law really is concerning us? I think I need to ask some MP's I know. We do have/go thru USAREUR registration but we do indeed have German tags on our cars. I think this means we must also comply with German (car) laws.

So what would happen IF we were to get stopped by the Polizei in one of those tuning sweeps. ?

A few weeks ago... one member here... (not me, but someone I know, a German 1addict) was stopped at the Nurnberg Street Culture car show. He had 19" wheels, he was lowered, spacers, and some other bits. The Polizei impounded his car because he had no TUV papers nor anything written in his car's registration papers. It ended up costing him A LOT!

So... I wonder what would happen, IF an American was stopped in one of the tuning round ups? The German Polizei had atleast fourty cops at the Esso infront of XXXL in Nurnberg that night. They had a drive0on lift and were really checking out these cars! No Joke.

I think this is also why we can not have "spinners" or front tinted wondows on USAREUR reg cars with German tags.

Dackel
Appreciate 0