View Single Post
      04-30-2015, 05:52 PM   #1
Tony135
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: ‘22 Model 3

Coolant pouring out

Hey guys, so my car is in some trouble. It's a 2012 135i dct, and just passed 70k.

The other day I went to get coffee and left my car running while I ran inside. I came back out 3-4 minutes later and noticed a pool of liquid under my car. I wasn't sure if it was from my car or another before me, so I checked warning system and nothing came up. I started driving and my temps didn't go up and everything seemed ok. My house is only a few minutes from where I was getting coffee so I wasn't too worried about getting home. I pull into my garage a few minutes later and notice a trail of liquid following me into my spot, and then coolant started pouring out. I was annoyed so I just let it be until the next day when I decided to try some tests.

The next I go outside and pour some coolant in to see where it's leaking from and nothing came out. It wasn't even dripping out so I poured more coolant in and left it alone for that day.

The next day, today, I decided to give it a try. I do the same routine, start it up and check the warnings and everything seems ok. It's not leaking so I tried driving it to the coffee shop again and everything was ok. I get back to my car and the fans were loud and it was leaking again, but the temp wasn't overheating. I decided to try and make it home just a couple miles away. It finally started to overheat as I was at a stop light just around the corner from my home. It ended up shutting off as soon as I pulled in my driveway.

How F'd am I? Getting it towed tonight but does anyone have any advice?
Appreciate 0