View Single Post
      09-06-2023, 09:53 PM   #5
WrathOTM
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 128i

haha repair manuals. I think BMW, and every other car manufacturer, hunted down sites that hosted those. When using Bimmerpost forums you'll find a lot of dead links to online manuals. If you use the ISTA software that can be found online, it will have a factory manual for use in repair jobs. It's a crappy interface but it works. You can also browse it for fun to read through the steps but it is a pain to track down exactly what you are looking for. Also learn about coding our cars, as there is a metric fuck ton of it.

Search here for everything. Go through every forum here to see that virtually anything you have a question for, there is an answer here.
Get acquainted with RealOEM.com for diagrams and part numbers.

Yes youtubing videos is the way to go, but as for me I watch literally every video on a subject just to cover e v e r y t h i n g. There are no perfect repair videos but a lot still do a pretty good job. some are ass. But watch them all.

Coincidentally those three things are major sources of oil leaks fixing them takes care of damn near all of it. I would also get a new oil cap to keep everything oil free and looking good. Consider doing your waterpump and related parts to really keep all your car's fluids on the inside.

Post some pics of your ride