View Single Post
      10-21-2016, 11:57 AM   #35
DuckCoverRoll
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 (comp)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjswarbrick View Post
I bought mine thinking I was only going to drive it about 6k miles/year. So far, with me moving a few miles north, my office moving several miles south (commute is 23 miles each way, compared to 2.5 at purchase time,) and the 1 being so adept at touring that I've taken a bunch of unplanned road trips - in 16 months I've put on some 18,000 miles.
Not sure how much they're charging for "extended maintenance", but if it includes a clutch & set of brakes like the original it would be hard to pass up.
Even without, if I was offered such a thing for a couple grand I probably would have taken it. Especially if I wasn't into DIY. Alas, I picked mine up at an Audi dealership, and it was 3 weeks out of warranty.
Good point - yeah I was quoted a little under $2k for 72 month/ 100,000 miles, but I was also thinking of getting their extended service contract (i.e., the extended warranty) - which costs around $3k. Didn't want to spring for both, and since I have DCT, I'm especially worried if something goes wrong with it (was told that it was at least $10,000 to replace, since the dealer doesn't even have a way to repair it).
Appreciate 0