View Single Post
      07-16-2012, 09:40 AM   #23
.b0link
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 LMB 135i

While I was home in the states on leave, I was in So Flo (West Palm Beach) and couldn't believe the amount of 3,5, and 7 series on the road. It seemed like every other car on I95 was a bimmer....but I did not see a single 1er.

Too me that is the allure about the 1. I was toying with the idea of picking up a bimmer and went to the dealer somewhat intent on a 3 series but quickly found out that even with our massive discount it was more than I was willing to pay. Well I started doing my research on the 1, and finding out more and more, that the general public had no clue of this car....even so called "gear heads" were clueless as to the potential of it.

Its an unassuming little car. IMHO a total sleeper. I have always liked those kind of vehicles. Same goes for my other car, a '95 Impala SS. Most people have no clue that it has a LT1 Vette motor under the hood...back when it belonged to my dad and I was in high school I used to love taking it out, and red light racing all the little rice boys at my school.

Their face was priceless when i smoked their 87 Primer Colored CRX's with a comically huge spoiler on them.

What was that line from Lock Stock Two Smoking Barrels?....

Guns for show, knives for a pro
Appreciate 0