04-10-2012, 02:56 PM   #51
oldBMWguy
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 AW 1M [Finally !]

N55 swap

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozinaldo View Post
Did you have drone before? What happened after the switch?

Could you also comment is there a noticable improvement in throttle response, especially if you are not on M mode?

How about the upper regime, 5500 to 7000, did you notice improvement there?

Sorry too many questions but you seem to have one of the few who put the MD on an otherwise stock 1M.

The noise in your video is perfect for me, for sure there is some hp and torque gains too which is welcome. But what I want to really "tune" is the drone just a bit down (mine is quite loud in between 2000 to almost 3000) and have a better/quicker responding throttle in non-M mode.
I also had the "drone" from 2200-3000 that was driving me up the wall. I installed the N55 midpipe [with no other changes] in Feb. It made a BIG difference in mine. I would say it took care of about 80% of the problem. It is pretty well gone [ie --very low between 2000 and 2750 rpm's]. Between 2750 and 3000 there is still drone under light load, but the sound is different, and "better" [ie-- more like a power sound]. I "think" it feels like more power is there [but that may be just wanting it!] The sound is better for sure. Overall I am very satified with the change .

.. PS: love your Country-- was there two years ago for three weeks.
Appreciate 0