View Single Post
      01-20-2014, 03:07 PM   #15
crvz
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '19 M2C, '21 F150 Tremor

I'm revisiting this thread as I started doing some of the work. A couple of things I've learned:

1) even by purchasing the $650 option for "SOS with enhanced USB and bluetooth", well it turns out that does not include streaming audio for the 2013 model year. So I got screwed on that.

2) the factory head unit puts out an electronic buzz. It's not terrible with the factory amp, but I replaced said amp, and it is a show stopper. I know it's coming from the head unit as I plugged in other sources directly into the amp and they did not have such buzz. I put the factory amp back in, brought it to the dealer, and they said it was normal and they were going to do nothing about it (I've seen other posts here that imply replacing the factory head unit will solve this problem, but they're not going to pursue it). so sucks for me again.

========

So I've ordered an alpine head unit, it's coming in a few days, I intend to just pull out the factory head unit and hope for the best, but who here has done so and succeeded? Do I really need to relocate the factory head unit somewhere else in the car? I don't care for the SOS feature, I don't care about satellite radio, I simply want what I thought I bought in the first place (bluetooth streaming audio) and the ability to have a much higher fidelity sound system (without electronic buzz).
Appreciate 0