Bimmer-Bob
!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 128i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uptempo80 View Post
Not a fan of Dr. Colorchip, professionals in the auto paint world have told me that it is worthless. Still I may get it for the microscopic sand-speck like stone chips that you can't access yourself without smearing paint into the blemish. Dr. Colorchip does that, so that would be the reason to get it.
Well, I guess it depends on what your definition of "worthless" is. To me, it is sort of invaluable, and worth far more then the few dollars of product and ten minutes or so per application that I spend. Yeah, it's far from factory perfect, but what do these "professionals in the auto paint world" of yours suggest as an alternative? A respray? No argument from me that it will look better, but at a dozen times the cost. And are you supposed to have your car in for a respray every time you get a rock chip? Or once a year? Personally, I have better things to spend my money on and Dr ColorChip, at $39 a bottle, works for me. Even though I've done the repairs myself, it takes some effort to find them. I imagine for the passerby that the defects are unnoticeable. YMMV, of course.

It sounds sort of like you want show car looks with daily driver functionality.