11-02-2011, 10:26 PM   #32
RPM90
Major General
Rep
Drives: 340i M-sport AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1speedbike View Post
Thanks man.

I can't bring myself to run all seasons. They're nice but not ideal. I would do it for the ease of it, but my car has so much trouble keeping traction already that I wouldn't want to chance anything. Need the best grip possible for the summer AND the winter or I'll find myself disappointed in summer performance, and in a ditch come december. Not to mention my traction control, stability control, and on-and-off the ABS haven't been really working for a month now. Oops..

Plus, running 2 setups I can have my matte black rims with red pinstripe for the summer, and my gloss black with chrome lip for the winter. Different looks for different seasons
I understand completely.

For me it's more about not having to deal with changing and when to change.
I don't drive hard enough on the street that I've over-driven my tires capability.
I've come to the limit, and if I had a dedicated summer performance tire I'd have more to play with.

But, it's a compromise I make given the way I drive and the whacked weather conditions living around the Great Lakes region.
The other day we had mostly sunny skies and it was cold.
From seemingly nowhere we had a hail storm for about 5-10 minutes, and then the sun was out again.

Don't like the weather around the Chicago area, well just wait a few minutes, as we like to say.
Appreciate 0