Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pangloss View Post
It's good to have resale value dreams, but again, the 1er is a high-volume car. Think hundreds of thousands per year. It's a Camaro, not a Corvette (at least in terms of volume).

Incidentally, GM never sold more than ~20,000 Kappa-platform sports cars (Solstice/Sky) in a single year, and they were fine with that and even considered moving the platform to a brand they were planning to keep, but given their debt situation it's understandable they decided not to. I'll bet they regret it now, after the quarter they just showed. They're not opposed to low-volume sales leaders that bring young people into the showroom. That's the role the Corvette has always played, though Corvette sales are a good bit better than the Kappas ever were.

You put the shiny out front so Mommy can get Daddy to come in and buy a minivan.
I'm not sure where you got those number but BMW sold 11,000 1ers in 2009, 13,000 in 2010, and less than 9,000 in 2011 in the US. That's roughly 1/10th the number of 3ers sold.

http://www.cheersandgears.com/topic/...-bmw-group-na/

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0