View Single Post
      03-08-2015, 11:12 AM   #8
GS WAX
Rep
Drives: 2012 VO 1 M coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shroom View Post
If you can get a paint meter, measure the paint and make sure it hasn't had body work. All body panels should be measured for consistency. Out of the three I looked at in my search, two had body work done. Neither were from the original owner but both swore they were straight cars. I'd trust him that it was a clean car but verify before purchase. You can get this done during your PPI. Nothing like the steering feeling off to stick in the back of your mind after purchase. I ended up buying a perfect 5500 mile 1M, but before I bought it I measured paint and had BMW run a full PPI on it. In my opinion, don't buy it until it feels right to you…trust your gut.

I have a paint meter, I am a detailer for a living, all measures perfect, its the best one I have seen, this one was my seventh viewing, including one that had less than 5K miles allegedly , its not perfect,needs a scratch repair on rear arch lip and a couple of paintless dent removals done on the bonnet and a small touch up on one of the wheels,but it looks an honest car, and it hasn't been dressed up for sale, so the owner doesn't seem to be hiding anything.
Definitely something I can work with and give my personal stamp too, but at the end of the day its all about the drive and I don't know how to fix that without throwing £££ at it.
You give me wise words,Thank You, I will get a bmw check done to be sure for my head, my gut says buy it, as its just the spec and colour I would have ordered myself, (except I would have had the windscreen grey shade strip option) from new, but the head says but what if!!!!!

Trouble is I cant wait to get one

BTW, your car sounds amazing, when you putting some photos up.....
I would love a black 1 M, real Q car look, but the perfectionist in me means any imperfection I would notice and would bug me, so could never own one
Appreciate 0