10-31-2013, 06:05 PM   #32
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdano View Post
Mine drop from 38 PSI to 20 PSI overnight, and the dealer couldn't explain why. They claimed it's because of the weather changes. With this situation, I just wanna purchased another set of wheels and call it a day. Gill suggested I should get a TPMS installed on my winter wheels, but if this continue to happen, I'm not getting it. What's the point of having a TPMS if it's not functioning properly and have to pay extra $230 to get it installed.

Instead of a second set of TPMS sensors you could have your car coded to EU tpms specs. The EU cars use the car's ABS sensors to detect a deflated tire. the US system is better I think, but the EU system is less error prone. Once your car is coded to EU system you simply unplug the TPMS pc in the rr wheel well.

Also very common is for the metal valve stem nuts(a 11mm nut) to loosen over time. They need very LOW torque. 4Nm(four!) I think. Cracked alloy wheels or damage tire sidewall damage is also very common.

Everyone SHOULD be checking their tires every two or three fillups. But hardly anyone does that. Well... except over here were we have Autobahns were tire performance is important(!) and gas costs $9 per gallon! Then people check their tire pressures!

Dack
Appreciate 0