View Single Post
      12-18-2012, 06:11 PM   #19
flinchy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E82 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbieredknapped
Why not start off using a 116 or a 120i as a base?
Also answered below a bit, but,

This is always (wellll for the forseeable future) going to be a street driven car.. Yes it's going to be pretty damn quick, but street.. I want BLACK leather (though front seats in a year or two i'd LOVE some recaros).. i like the m sport features (regardless of the fact i'll grab a bmwp steering wheel and my cover has no rubber on it.. and ssk and new knob blah blah)

until the day i get a new body kit.. (At least a year) Well i find the non m sport hideous lol

Bi xenon's are a need lol.. Though one day i may consider swapping out to adaptive, that's literally at the very bottom of the mod list, and i refuse to have halogens 100% for nope.

Manual, manual manual manual, there aren't many manuals (low 100's aus wide), converting auto to manual trim/pedals etc adds likely $1000+ in parts and labour at a minimum.

Diff ratio, 130i has a nice 3.46, 116i has 3.39 which would be ok, same as the 118i

120i has 3.73 which is too short for the n54 gearbox for my use, more traction issues, more shifts at the 1/4, worse fuel use day to day

I want it black because i like having a black bmw.. It will get a respray (black~ still) due to my colour scheme in 2yrs probably, but.. Yeah 2 years.

I want it 2006 or newer, because i have a 2006, less than 103,000 as that's what my current chassis has, more km = less solid chassis

Sunroof, rear pdc, identical options i'd like..

And the wheels are good for now (9.5 wide rear for decent rubber to the ground),

I just checked carsales.. My car has unfortunate cosmetic damage (effing cat) i wouldn't put it over $25k, it wont go for over 22-23 imo

It's pretty much not going to happen sadly, mostly in part due to my fussiness, but would you guys want to downgrade anything? Haha

Though if someone meets these req's, in a 118i or 116i, doesn't mind the damage, and would like a swap+cash my way ($5k?) i'd think about it.. 5k would get me some mods at least lol

Ed: oh add to that, the fact i should be able to sell the n52 and box for a couple of $k (or use it for another sweet project) and the price difference is negligible, low model 1ers are overpriced in my opinion, the financial step up for what i'd want from a 116/118 is not as large as you think..
Appreciate 0