Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i, SG/CR, 6MT, M-Sport

Garage List
2011 135i  [9.20]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenVert View Post
its the BMW tax man. <- thats what I say when im upset about economies of scale.

But how difficult would it be? iCarbon sold FRP alongside CF for a while. Shouldve jumped on it then, the FRP pieces were about 2/3 the price of the CF ones.

All that being said the scorpione piece is really nice. Id just like to be spending $400 on this - not $600.
Their rear valence piece sells at $400 - I get that the lip is a bit more complex of a shape but $200 more complex? I dont think so.

Ohh also would you mind taking a ground level shot square at the front of your car? I want to see what it looks like from that angle - thanks!

There is definitely a "BMW tax", and it sucks. When I had my Subaru, a CF front lip for that cost me $300. This one was twice that for the same amount of CF. Hell, my authentic Spec-C lip I had for awhile on my Subaru didn't cost me as much as this lip did, and I had that thing shipped straight from Japan.

I just hope this one fits better, and lasts longer than my iCarbon one did. As long as small, cuddly creatures stay out of my way, I should be fine, lol.

2011 BMW 135i | Space Gray | ///M-Sport | BMW CCA #450291
Facebook / Instagram / YouTube / Twitter
Appreciate 0