View Single Post
      06-15-2014, 10:04 AM   #4
RPMjunkie
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 1M Coupe (Got 1)

Below is what I wrote to antoher member via PM a few months ago:
I have never had the CP-e exhaust without the Mad Dad mids so I cannot comment on that specific setup.
After I had the Mad Dads with the stock exhaust I was looking for something a little more sporty and free flowing. I looked into the CP-e exhaust and based on their other products and great feedback I decided to buy one. I will say the first few times I started the car up after installation it was LOUD, so much so I received texts from my neighbors inquiring about the noise. After a couple hundred miles it calmed down; and while louder than stock, it's not annoying to my neighbors anymore. Obviously good news.
I've had the exhaust for almost 1.5 years and I love it...there is a slight over-run burble on downshifts especially when warming up; it is loud enough to be heard when engaging in spirited driving, yet not annoying; and mostly tolerable commuting.
I say mostly tolerable in commuting because when I have the car in cruise control on the highway and hit a hill in 6th gear (In Seattle and the surrounding areas the highways slope, nothings flat) there is not so much a drone but the exhaust can get "boomy" especially in 6th gear in these highway conditions.

I can try to make a better sounding video if the rain lets up.
Appreciate 0