View Single Post
      10-14-2010, 12:13 PM   #1
bmwmike335
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: m4

Finally got my 1 series! comparing to previous E92.

Hey everyone,
so i got my 128i about 5 days ago and have but on around 150 miles. before this i had a 335i coupe, tricked out with all the bells an whistles. Now i sort of downgraded to the 128i, but i gota say that i love it. its a super super fun car to drive especially the 6mt with Msport pkg.

The handling isnt quite what the 335 was, but for an entry level BMW 128 it handles itself very well.
Before some people starting bashing, let me state that I love this car, and am not really complaing, just stating out things.

a few things really bug me about the car though and its more or less BMWs fault because they sort of skip through the basics of BMW luxery when it comes to their lower end models, but for the 128 because its the most cheapest model of BMW they realllly skipped a lot of standard features.
let me explain...

a lot of things from the ( ) 335 or any e92 i dont expect in the 128 or 135, like the red ambient lighting the car had inside throughout the door panels. However i was amazed to see 128 did NOT have the button to automatically pull in the rear view mirrors. I was dissapointed to see it didnt not automatically tilt down when i put it in reverse. Last but not at least, i was left standing like a fool when i found the bluetooth telephone buttons on my steering wheel were just a tease. a 2011 model BMW should have bluetooth, standard, no further questions. You should not have to purchase a package to get bluetooth. I understand other things like the sunroof, the angel eyes (still weird, should be standard but anyway), the nicer rims, the front facia etc etc, but bluetooth? C'mon BMW stop being cheap, you already spent your money putting in the damn buttons, just program it and set it up make it standard!!!

anyway, <3 the car, wish it had blue tooth.. or should i say "premium package?" -_- so lame.

and another thing.. going from iDrive to no iDrive is very, very, very difficult transition.
2013 535i (RIP), 2014 535i (RIP)
2013 e92 M3 interlagos blue
Appreciate 0