M Power
Cayman Islands
Rep
Drives: '09 ///M-Sport 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
Ohhh wait!!!!

So... let me get this straight:

The 1M will get a 340-ish N54 twin turbo six.

The new M3 will also be powered by the same engine as the new 1M engine - soon to be unveiled. Probably based off the N55 but with a larger turbo for more top end rev performance. ?

And the 2nd generation 1-er (F-22) will only get a turbo four!?!?!?

So... if you want a six you got to buy a M3? Whaaat!!!!

All the German car mags have been reporting that the top 1er models will still get RWD and turbo sixes. ie: 130i and 135i. Even though the "base models" will be FWD amd four and three cylinders!

So... Scott is saying that the top F22 mode(s) will be a four banger only? Sorry but thats a deal breaker for me on the F22!
Most people on here don't remember when the E21 came to the US, and the only engine available over here was the 4 cylinder. BMW never brought its really great 323i over. (a few of us renegades brought over some grey market 323i cars.) In fact the E21 3 series shown in this recent commercial is the 6 cyl 323i (notice the European bumpers on the E21). A bit deceiving of BMW IMO

Then when the E30 3 series came to the US, there were no 4 cylinder cars available in the US from '85-90 (except the M3). '91 there was a 318is 4 banger.

Now we are headed back to high performance 4 cyl turboed cars. What goes around, comes around.

Many people hold the E30 M3 in high regard, almost god like, but I had an E30 M3. The engine was not powerful, and it was buzzy. I prayed for the day BMW would bring in a DOHC 6, which they did in the '95 M3. To me my '95 M3 Lightweight was the best driving BMW ever. A pinnacle car. I loathe hearing about going back to 4 cylinder cars.

I think the time is now to get your favorite 6 cylinder 1 series, the forth coming 1M Coupe may well be another pinnacle car for BMW.

Last edited by Jaguar66; 09-12-2010 at 05:19 PM..
Appreciate 0