08-29-2012, 09:52 PM   #16
mid-corner fun
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3, '22 X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by yandy View Post
Well, just called bimmerworld again, and they confirmed that there was a mistake in identity. These are M3 pads that happen to work on the 335i
Run away from anyone that makes such statements. Front M3 and 335 pad size is identical and PFC order codes are the same for both. Neither fits your 135.

I agree with GroundPilot, the DTC70s are a great all around track pad. Great stopping power, warm and cold, and you can run them close to the backing plates before replacing. PFC01s are very different, they won't bite when cold and their floating design ensures you'll have rattling across the board. I don't care about the rattling itself, I care about missing important audio feedback that the rattling may be masking at the track.
When warm, both DTC70s and PFC01s have great stopping power. Both will eat your rotors. If you want most of the stopping power with greater longevity, DTC60s and PFC08s fit the bill.

Last year I ran both PFC01s and DTC70s, dropped the PFC01s this year in favor of the DTC70s and haven't looked back. I'd say I do 4 x 2-day events on one set of DTC70s.

Good luck with the test, always good to have choices.
Appreciate 0