10-23-2013, 12:42 PM   #19
dcaron9999
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i M package

Quote:
Originally Posted by mid-corner fun View Post
They do get great reviews. I forgot to mention that PFC offers front/back '01 fitment for a balanced setup. No such option on the DTC side, best you can do is DTC70/DTC60 as you mentioned. Anything below HP+ in the rear and the brake bias is so uneven that the rears will lock up. This is at least on the e92 platform.

On the flip side, my streets are also Hawk (HPS) and the pad material seems compatible with the DTC line, no pad deposits or bedding issues on the same rotors.
Great advice here! I track my car weekly, and hate my Cool Carbon pads - they do not tolerate abuse and heat from the track very well. They are just OK on the street, with less bite than stock pads.

Love the fact that you can avoid re-bedding by staying within same brand of pads. Im considering DTC-60 pads on stock, Zimmerman, or Centric blank rotors. Perhaps HPS or HP+ for the street, if the DTC-60 are too noisy. I heard that the noise may not be that bad with racing pads such as the Hawk DTC's, if you dont wear off the pad deposit from the track, if your car sees little street use.
2011 X3 35i with M pack + 2011 135i w/6SPMT | 255 square tire setup | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Diff lock down bracket | Bilstein B8+Swift SpecR springs+H&R FSB | CDV delete | BMS Oil Tstat bypass | ER FMIC & CP | N54Tuning DP | GC Street Camber Plates | M3 FCA +guide rods+RSFB's+Tranny mounts | Manzo toe arms | Cobb Stg2 agressive tune | Hawk DTC70 brake pads | RB SS brake pistons | Goodridge SS brake lines | Custom brake cooling ducts
Appreciate 0