View Single Post
      02-22-2023, 04:20 PM   #9
amg6975
Captain
Rep
Drives: '12 M1.5, '05 ZHP, '98 M3/4/5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expert@ApexRaceParts View Post
Our engineers turned this request around quickly luckily. The actual M3 kit doesn't clear the M3 Kit without spacers in either the SM-10 or VS-5RS design. A table to explain:

Green C denotes clears in all directions with no spacers needed or barrel clearance issues.

I found your email to our support team on 10/4/22. Geirsen didn't have the data for the M3 kit VS the 8.5" wheels on hand but he confirmed that the AP/Essex kit for the non-m e9x chassis cleared, which it does. The M3 kit on the other hand needs the spacers for the 9668 version as that caliper is thicker.

While it's nice to have that massive endurance pad in the calipers, the 9660 would be easier to run if you stick with the M3 kits. Again, caveats in your case if something is slightly different from the M3 assembly.

Hope that helps.

-Tom
Wow, awesome info, thank you so much. I wonder what's different between the M3 and non-M kits. I suppose I could go back to the non-M knuckles and run the non-M kits. I'll have to get ahold of Essex and pick their brain about this.

It's also interesting that the 9668 kit needs more spacer with the VS-5RS, but with the 9660 kit it needs less(no) spacer with the VS-5RS.
Appreciate 0