View Single Post
      09-26-2012, 10:38 AM   #58
Wolfinwolfsclothing
Banned
Rep
Drives: E92 ///M3 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete_vB View Post
I think he sells the Cayman R short. Perhaps it's because the review was only on the road, perhaps it's because of the type of road, certainly it's because of the type of driver he is (he doesn't enjoy winding the motor out). For whatever reason he never got the Cayman...

I own a 1M and I'd buy it again if I had it to do over. However having spent time in both I can't agree with his review.
Agreed. Plus almost all other reviews have said the Cayman R is the better/more special car to have.

I think the Cayman R is certainly the better car. Much faster on the track, easier to push harder, and in a straight it's faster as well especially at higher speeds. Not to mention a better 6mt, better steering and brakes and throttle response is on a different level.
The 1M is very much like the M3...its not going to win when it comes to any area of performance but is good all around and offers practicality and space the Cayman R doesnt.
That said, from my experience the cayman R just brings a bit more to the table when it comes to being a scalpel like tool that connects with the driver and cannot be matched for anywhere near the same price.
Appreciate 0