Jettafanatic
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by billspreston View Post
StopTech brake kits are a non-expensive upgrade? Less-expensive is the right expression perhaps.
From personal experience I think they are a better bang / buck than Brembos, hence the choice.

The reasoning behind all one color is to keep the functionality without yelling "hey look at me"

Actually the darker side mrskers look better in real life as the windows are tinted pretty dark ( not my choice but previous owner had them tinted and I did not want to have them redone).

Sorry some don't "dig" the vents... but when you need to get the heat out of the engine bay they really do the trick... An the CF hood in general really does not weigh THAT much below stock, hence teh idea to go functional vents over hood mup from M3...

With regards to pins, that really applies more to non-vented hoods ( due to venturi effect etc.. in lift / push from pressure differentials due to laminar flow / lack thereof over the hood itself, which at normal everyday speeds I would not worry about anyways...) I will modify that latch anyways to something more solid, and probably will use tape around the hood where necessary if I decide to go faster than 70MPH ( not that I would ever do that, no siree, not me... ).
I do believe in general they are a good idea, but for my application, I will hold off for now ( the whole stealth look gets given away if pins are bulging through the hood...).
Legal Disclaimer: Anything I or anyone else says about my vehicle on this website(1addicts.com or any affiliated or nonaffiliated sites), pertaining to modifications, is only to gain acceptance from my/our peers, and does not actually represent anything actually existing on my car, and thus, cannot be held against me in any issues, i.e. warranty claims, that may arise.
Appreciate 0