View Single Post
      04-15-2013, 06:43 AM   #2
c_ozanich
Mech Engr
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i 6MT

I have the AR catless DP, I'm stock the rest of the exhaust though. When I installed it I noticed higher boost levels instantly, maybe slightly faster spool times but I also revved harder than normal so I don't really attribute that to the DP, and I could feel the torque increase (also run a JB4 and BMS intake)

As far as sound goes--I really really need to finish the exhaust lol. The N55 has way more gargle than I anticipated. It's smooth and polished when stepping on the gas, but it doesn't like to be let off. That's when you hear the burble/gargle come through. How this applies to driving--shift points have to be spot on and RPM matching makes your car sound incredible. Miss something and you get what other people perceive as backfires (not really, but its hard to explain to someone not as aware of cars)

Fit and finish on the AR was impeccable. Took OEM DP off and the AR bolted right up, not a big deal at all. I was able to do it without moving the tranny mount or any suspension connections. I slid under the car so that I could comfortably work with my hands around the DP--did most of the job blind just by feeling around. The V clamp kind of sucked getting back on (my trick was to buy a longer bolt and use it to get initial threading through and tighten the clamp down, then use small vise grip on tab and put the OEM bolt back in--then tighten it down completely) Because of limited space a 1/4" ratchet did the job. I did have to pull the midpipes up closer to the DP than stock, but that wasn't hard at all--actually made the exhaust tips sit more flush with my stock diffuser.

I hope this helps, feel free to PM me if you have any questions about install or anything regarding it.
Appreciate 0