View Single Post
      12-09-2012, 02:12 PM   #8
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

BMW decison makers (accountants I mean not the M division engineers) really didn't care too much about the 1M, was like a bone they threw to some old school enthusiasts and to passionate people in their own M department in order to pass time before more lucrative models could be made ready (M135i, F10 M5, next M3 etc.). It is despite their indifference or thanks to their lack of interest in an intriguing way this car came out so good and surprised lots of people, for sure those who didn't have any trust in this project in Munich more than the others.

Why I say this, because from the fake rear gills to planned but failed real opening of the side gills or a real CSL type trunk or a few more areas covered in alcantara inside, there is along list of "price cut" about the 1M, like there was an invisible "hold on" button someone kept on pressing during pre-production phases. Engineers got away with more important things though; like real hp, tq and performance of the car Thanks God missing things are nothing really significant, all minor details that we keep on fixing and modding. I came to an understanding that decison makers take such bad decisions in general maybe it was a chance for us to actually not have their interest focused on such an unimportant little car, the 1M

Other than down pipes there is not even a single piece worth keeping on our cars, the only obligatory mod in my opinion is the exhaust. OK, maybe the charge pipe too but one can always choose to wait till it blows or warranty expires.
BMW 1M-SOLD-: TECH: Evolve Race+N55mids, Evolve IC, Michelin PSS, ER cp, aFe filter, CDVx, Vorshlag camber plates, BMS OCC EXTERIOR: trunk spoiler, blacklines, black grills, IND goodies INTERIOR: Alcantara steering wheel, steel pedals, custom mats, MPower e-brake.
Appreciate 0