09-07-2011, 10:07 PM   #298
MrBlonde
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: Audi TTRS, M Coupe, 1299

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBK View Post
Have never even tried to concentrate on RT, I'm usually racing something 3-4 seconds slower, or 2-3 seconds faster so why bother. The only time I ever raced something of similar spec, was when I lined up against Micha3l!

Don't want to compete... it's too expensive!

Although, I would love to take a manual down there just to show all those MT guys it's not as hard as they whinge about
Richard, no you don't ignore the Christmas tree because you think you can't get a better ET than the guy in the next lane, you do it to go for the best possible short time (and therefore ET) in your AT car.

ANDRA competition racers always giggle at people who sit on the line for a long time chasing ET, because they have a different viewpoint. Drag racing is a sport, where the Christmas tree and RT is a huge part of it! It's a whole other set of skills to cut a good light and get out of the hole better than the next guy. And you can only get better at it with practice, so why not start now?

Most drag racing classes are not heads up - ie both racers get green lights at the same instant - but are in fact some sort of bracket racing - where each racer nominates a "dialin" and then tries to get as close to that dialin ET as they can without "breaking out" or going quicker than the dialin.

You can race your 135 as is as an ANDRA competition vehicle. And IT'S A LOT OF FUN!

I actually think you've got the skills to get a great launch out of a manual tranny car too, be great to see what you can do. One thing I know is that after you've tried you'l know what I'm talking about! It's a lot harder.

Check out the 1Addicts Drag Racing Standings and Drag Racing 101.
Appreciate 0