09-07-2011, 10:12 PM   #299
MrBlonde
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: Audi TTRS, M Coupe, 1299

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW86 View Post
I always go on green, I love the competitive aspect of drag racing, especially if I'm up against a quick car.

That's true but the new Procede allows you to keep the accelerator flat when you engage the clutch, I'm sure that would make things a lot easier.
Vinney I love the sport of drag racing too and I treat every single pass like an elimination finals. How else can you get better at cutting a sharp light?

For our street sedans the advantages of an auto tranny vs a manual tranny are far more than what a flat shift function can offer.

Having to use clutch to get out of the hole is a huge part of the challenge (and fun) or drag racing a MT car.

The PROcede flatshift function is currently not commerically available either, although that may change any time.

On my soapbox, I would never use an AT car to "race". You sit at the line, transbrake on and stally flashed. You see the last amber, pop a button and unlock the AT, press your right foot down. And then? You make 3-4 half inch corrections on the steering wheel while sitting otherwise motionless.

Yawn.

Check out the 1Addicts Drag Racing Standings and Drag Racing 101.
Appreciate 0