View Single Post
      04-10-2014, 02:46 PM   #12
Boosted_N54
Major
Rep
Drives: 135i N54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiny Chainsaw
I have the HKS SSQV4, and if you're going to get a BOV, you should get a chargepipe too... It would be pointless to get a BOV by itself unless all you wanted was noise. Chargepipe is prone to popping off on our car and breaking and leaking.

On another note, I love my HKS, I think it's the perfect amount of loud. It's only loud when you want it to be. I'll break down the noise level for you.

In-cabin/ windows rolled up
1-3 PSI Barely noticeable, you won't even hear it really unless you listen really hard. Not audible with radio on.
4-8 PSI You'll hear a little bit, but people on the outside will hear it for sure. Nice little vent, barely heard over the radio.
8 PSI+ nice strong whistle that can be heard in cabin over radio.

With the windows rolled down you can hear it every single time unless you shift ~2PSI. I chose the HKS bc I found that the Tial Q and Synapse BOV was barely audible at all.

If you're going for a nice unique sound, go for the HKS. If you want function go for the Tial Q. Synapse is just a middle ground for sound and function if you can't decide between the two.
For sure I'm getting an ER charge pipe how reliable is the hks? Does it have Spring adjust
MHD Custom Flash (E85) [Jake@MOTIV] / Vargas Stage 2 Turbos / Fuel it LPFP Stage 3+/ Moitiv Port Injection/ MMP Turbo Inlets/ 3.5 Tmap Sensor / ER FMIC /ER Chargepipe HKS-BOV / AA Downpipes / Agency Power Race mid pipes / Berk Technology race exhaust / BMW SSK / BC Forged Whees Toyo R888 tires / KW Club sport coilovers+KW Camber Plates / Spec stg2+Spec SMSFW/ APR Wing GTC200
Appreciate 0