View Single Post
      12-16-2010, 04:17 PM   #117
Robert
Major General
Rep
Drives: 135i -> is350 -> Tesla M3 perf

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBspeed View Post
I know where he is taking me with the M brand, out for awhile when it comes to anything new.

He is going to turn the next gen into the Ultimate Marketing Exercise as well. Watch the next gen M cars come out in 2013, only to be followed by a new sports option package in 2015 with a temporary boost increase button, then the CSL editions in 2017 with slight boost pressure increases, then the ultimate CSL editions in 2018 with another boost increase. So by my calculations, I will be ready to look into purchasing a new M product in about 8 years... See you guys on the other side!

Meanwhile I'll soon be purchasing another marques's product to sit alongside my E46 M3 for the foreseeable future.
I hope not but like you said in any case there are plenty of options out there for us to choose from.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucid View Post
Right, whatever...I'm with oldschool.

When BMW decides to run a serious marketing campaign targeted at adults again (rather than teenagers), I will tune in for real. So much hype generated by marketers these days. I guess it sells.
I agree. He's marketing by trade and the fact sarcasm doesn't transfer over text is basic online marketing 101. Just unprofessional and careless. I don't want to be too hard on the poor guy, who has given us lots of valued info.