View Single Post
      07-14-2012, 11:03 AM   #1
max102654
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 135i convertible

Picked up a new 328i and bye bye to 135i, for now

I love my 135i but during the past 3 years since I owned the car, I had problems on Hpfp, fuel injectors, transfer pump, run flat tires and sensors. The last incident was the car died on the freeway on our way back from Las Vegas and we got stranded in the desert that is 160 miles from Los Angeles. The dealer at first refused to even fix the car stating no problems found. I had to call BMWNA to finally get that resolved. I picked up the car on a Saturday and got rear ended on the freeway the next Monday on my way to work. I know accidents have nothing to do with the car but I just have enough. I picked up a new 2011 328i, the last of the inline six engines still in the dealer lot. I got a good deal as it was on clearance. I don't care if it is the old body style or the old engine. No more forced induction and no more turbo; I just want a lack luster basic reliable car as an everyday driver and a car that I have confidence to take to a long trip.

As for the beloved 135i, we’re going to shelf it in our garage, along with the Lotus Elise as well as the Cayman R. These are all great fun weekend cars that we love but too much hassles for everyday use.
Appreciate 0