View Single Post
      03-07-2016, 09:13 PM   #25
Jeff J
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '24 X5M, '18 M2, '09 135i

I wanted to bring this thread back from the dead to give a short report on our new brakes. Ended up going with the EBC Redstuff ceramic pads and stock factory rotors. We've put a couple of thousand miles of daily commuting on them, and of course it's been winter, so we haven't been particularly aggressive on things yet.

Initial bite is actually pretty good from the Redstuff pads. Maybe not quite as sharp as stock, but definitely not far off. And for better or worse, I can say that the EBC recommended bed-in procedure was completely ignored. Mrs Jeff J is the primary driver of the 135, and she's a believer in "break them in like you're going to use them".

Overall stopping power is enough to give our winter tires more than they can handle, which may not be saying all that much. But we'll see how we do on a fresh set of Michelin PSS go back on in a week or two. I suspect that everything will still get a passing grade.

Dust is worlds better than the stock pads. Not zero by any means, but you can easily drive a week or two without feeling compelled to wash (unless you're particularly anal about brake dust, which we are not).

So in summary, I'm giving two thumbs up for the EBC Redstuff as a daily driver street pad. Plenty of bite and power, and much less dust than stock.
Appreciate 0