View Single Post
      01-11-2019, 08:05 AM   #170
JimD
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 128i convertible

Dackel,

Thanks for the response. If I can just get the silly light to go off I may just leave it alone. If it does not go out, I will probably just take the gauge cluster out and try removing the bulb. I can reset the other reminders when they come up. I've been managing the maintenance on my vehicles for over 45 years now, I really don't need the "help" from these reminders.

I'm not sure what the issue is now, I thought maybe it was the rear wear sensor so I got one, plugged it in (not the easiest since the plug is under the inner wheel well piece) and zip tied it up (didn't put it in the pad). But I did not do the front. But I got one of each with the pads so hopefully this will do it.

This kind of thing is the most likely factor if I decide to replace my 128i with another brand. I REALLY do not like my car thinking it knows more than me because some German engineer set it up that way. The speedometer you cannot get to read true speed is another example. It isn't a big deal to me to have a service reminder for the brakes but making it so riduculously difficult to reset is nonsense. I drive manual transmission cars and I did not need brakes, was not even close to needing brakes, when the service reminder went off. If the wear sensors were broken it was not from brake wear. Speedometer is the same way. Program it any silly way you want to but don't make it impossible for me to correct. These are annoyances, they got a lot more right than wrong but the things they got wrong are so unnecessary it is really annoying.

Anyway, thanks again.

Jim
Dackelone10588.50