View Single Post
      03-08-2013, 01:10 PM   #18
WAY
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: Fast ones

At this point I am saying no to this car. My issues are the following:

- CL nut issue has not been resolved in 997.2. Unless they have fixed the issue, it's always a risk
- RWS with a brushless motor is looking for failure on the track. Waiting for this to be a proven technology for track rats before I jump
- New 9A1 based DFI engine another unproven part unlike old Mezger. This may prove to be unfounded fear like the RWS, but until Porsche race one at Nurburgring 24hours or put it in their Cup/RSR race cars, I remain unconvinced. This is the first time the GT3 road car and cup car has deviated so much. Previously they share the engine, now they are completely different (Cup car still uses old Mezger) and Cup car doesn't have some fancy RWS system.

What I love about the new car though is 9000rpm and 410mmx36mm PCCBs! As for PDK vs manual, I have had both on many different cars and I don't mind either. For the track, PDK is going to be much better for lap times but manual is more involving so depends on what you want out of your car. And how many cars you have.
Appreciate 0