Thread: 128i Inquiry
View Single Post
      05-01-2011, 04:01 PM   #18
Riley1524
Captain
Rep
Drives: A Slow Ass BMW

Don't get me wrong, you can be a car enthusiast and drive a 128i, hell I do and have and plan on modding the car as much as I can to my liking, but by definition, it's not a pure enthusiast car. There is, in most cases, definitions that go along with it. One of the main reasons I think it's not considered a true "enthusiast" choice would be lack power, so,so handling (even the sport package), and the biggest reason I, (again this is my opinion), is the lack of aftermarket support. Most people that mod their cars have big support from the aftermarket companies. Can you enjoy the 128i in stock form from the dealership? Sure!!! Would it be my personal choice as a all around enthusiast car if I didn't have a sports car and money just to throw into the 128i for the hell of it? Absolutely, positively not.

In the end of it all, any car can be modded and have a big following, look at Honda owners, but I still think there has to be criteria met to make a certain model of car worthy of such a title. The 128i is a very well rounded car that doesn't really shine in one specific area, that alone is enough for most of us to be happy.

Last edited by Riley1524; 05-01-2011 at 04:18 PM..
Appreciate 0