08-07-2008, 04:54 PM   #50
All4One
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135icp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don-Corleone View Post
Don't perceive it as a bad thing but when it comes to negotiating a deal you mainly have 2 types of customers (obviously if you go into details no single customers is alike but very grossly):

A) nice ones who are easy to deal with like you seem to be and tend to be easier at accepting a deal since they are less informed/concerned
B) tougher ones who are more educated and discriminating about the product they are buying and who research everything before taking a decision; not as nice with the sales man (myself for instance)!

The dog thing was a joke ! Take it easy my friend and enjoy the 135i it's a monster I can't wait for mine!

Don-
Senore Don,

La mia madre mi ricorda sempre non aggrovigliare con il c**ra n**a but i wanted to point out somethings you said as your sales philosophy. This could have worked in the 70's,80's until today but one day you will be swept by the changing winds with respect to car sales. I have encountered salemen who arrogantly tell like what you just did, that you treat customers depending on their posture, how educated they are with the product, etc.. in my simple language, "if the customer looks like an idiot, then you take advantage of it" I know its about business and that is your craft, i probably dont have the business to meddle with it. In a way, you are correct too, this poses a challenge to us consumers to arm with knowledge but generally people are nice, that's what we are, and naive too ,a lot of us were not trained to conive, put deceipt, tell nice language..we were trained with just straight talk..like "ahhh i like the 135 how much is it?" I wish we could all be rich and dont bother. If you ask me if i am complaining? The answer is yes...enough of the charade. The sales procedure has to change and if it will come..i am sure yiu will get swept out of your feet. Now flame away guys, i can take some heat.