07-13-2008, 01:52 PM   #3
Riss Racing
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E60 M5/E92 335/HUMMER H2

Quote:
Originally Posted by guardianangel3290 View Post
yea but if you put in a cold air intake and then later blow your tranny their reasoning will be
"well he put in this aftermarket intake system which gave him more power, so the car wasnt being driven as originally intended... VOIDED!"
hahahaha funny however that is not the case. I have an E60 M5 currently going into lemon law. Has straight pipes, CAI, pully, and quite a few other mods. Have blown 3 trans, 3 DSCs, and one clutch. This is all in less that 16k miles.

By the time the clutch went out they called it "abuse" saying I was abusing the clutch. They tried to stick me with 5k to replace it. I then pointed out that it is SMG. How can I abuse a clutch that I don't even engage? Then I got the "well let me talk to my manager" then all the sudden it was covered and I had nothing to worry about.

Another thing people don't realize is BMW dealers WANT to replace parts. They do not pay for this. They are paid by BMWNA for the warranty work they do. However they have to regulate it depending on the amount of claims they put in. This is why the busy dealers are more picky than the slower dealers. Which is why I purchase my car at One dealer and service it at another. :wink:
Appreciate 0