View Single Post
      05-03-2007, 08:40 AM   #5
BForbes
Bahamas
Rep
Drives: BSM 135i/AW E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfsburgerMitFries View Post
I think the new 3 series is a dud, and BMW has lost their way in that segment...which is exactly why I'm looking at the 1 series.

A V8 engine, in times of extremely volitale gas prices, is a transparently bad idea....not to mention completely unnecessary considering the performance of the 335i. Gratuitous styling elememts such as the hood buldge and vents of the new M3 are tacky, out of place, and look like something borrowed from Subaru or Mitsubishi...a perfect look for the aftermarket tuner crowd which caters to children and those with childish tastes.

I'm comprehensively unimpressed with the M3, and 3 series in general are as common as dirt anymore, there's nothing distinctive about owning that car today, and car ownership is a whole lot more than its 0-60 time. I'm ready for a fresh approach.
Wow, that comment was unbelievable. You just totally discredited yourself as a respectable car enthusiast on this site. The characteristics of a high revving V8 and a twin-turbo is very different. An M car is more than 0-60 and this one is bound to kick ass and take names.

What you are saying is that there is no need in the wake of high fuel prices. NEWS FLASH, you should not be spending 30+ on a BMW if worried about gas prices. Do yourself a favor and buy a Civic or a Hybrid and get 50-60mpg. And if they make a diesel for the U.S., do you think its going to be cheap enough to make up for the cost of the car? I think not. Not for a long time. It is bound to be more 3-4 grand more than its nearest competitor.

Your entitled to not like the styling of this car.(many dissagree) But to not show respect for what it stands for is....F*cked up!! I know people that have no clue about cars but know what an M3 is. The car is a legend, the halo car of the BMW brand. It wasnt the best at one thing but it was good at everything. I'm a part of at least 4 different forum sites, most japanese and they show nothing but RESPECT for this car. Yes, they'll say its not reliable, its expensive, etc. but nobody has ever knocked whats under the hood.

And lets totally knock the 3 series. The car that IS the bmw franchise. A car that is yet to be dethroned.

Just like you are interested in the fuel sipping market, there is a sports car market. And this car will fit very well for those who need more than 2 seats.
Appreciate 0