View Single Post
      08-01-2011, 10:27 PM   #41
Viper_iii
Registered
Rep
Drives: 128i Conv

2010 Vert 128i all sorts of noises in the dash...

however not worried as they can't seem to get the check engine lights problems solved...

July alone it has spent ~ 2 weeks in the shop...

Replaced VVT / VTT Revved while parked + AC in 100+ Degrees then shook as idle went down and threw error code.

3 days out of shop if that Starting acting like it wasn't getting fuel... soon there after "service engine soon" came on... Had just had all service done oil + brakes
Ended up replacing HPFuel Pump + Fuel Regulator in Gas tank...

3 days out of that repair...
Sitting in the car and again it Revvs idles hard... throws Check Engine Light

At this point... I'm done with the car... The rattles are without a doubt the dash positioning and rubbing with other plastic / components against the passenger pillar / area. can replicate by pushing the dash up... and it got worse after they dropped the dash on the 1st repair.

How about on the convertibles the twang sound that happens when hitting a bump / driveway at low speed 2-8 mph... that one is also great....

currently also noticed MPG's going downhill much worse.... ~160miles to a tank of 91 octane vs low 200s over the past 36 months.

All I can say is glad it was a lease, and my only expense thus far has been Cheap Non-RFs
Appreciate 0