View Single Post
      08-19-2011, 04:56 PM   #27
GTHAUS
Banned
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cipher5 View Post
Could you enlighten me on what "Kiva thermodynamics flow" exactly is? Because as far as I can research such a thing doesn't exist.

Fluid flowmeter calibration is fine and all if you're testing a piping system for liquid flow i.e. oil, water, etc etc. Not the same for testing gasses/exhaust flow so not sure what you are testing here either.

"Several independent 4wheel chassis dynamometer tests" - Hey its cool if you're throwing a 1M on SEVERAL AWD dynos, but that thing is RWD, the type of dyno won't matter, the brand of dyno will. No need to add fluff words to your post.

To the last bolded statement, how are you going to challenge the OEM exhaust fitment? Are you telling BMW that they fitted their exhaust incorrectly to the vehicle? I am 100% confident that BMW did extensive research, design and development of many of the components of the 1M, including the exhaust. I'm sure others can make a more free flowing exhaust, a better sounding exhaust, a better looking exhaust, but a better FITTING exhaust is a little perplexing.

Where are the pics of this supposed R&D? Pictures of the CAD designs? Pics of your manufacturing process? Are these exhausts manufactured to ISO 9001 standards? How many prototypes were made before reaching the final product? Like I said, anyone can bend and weld pipe, to make a quality product that has been put through extensive design and testing is another. Adding a lot of BS tests and fluff words is insulting if you think we can be fooled by that.

wow... we almost feel this is unnecessarily directed attack.
All we wanted to do was, talk about the video we have posted up on our YouTube Channel.
We have never seen such questions directed towards other brands postings,
We do not feel the complete necessity to answer all your questions,
However as this is a public forum, we will do our best to answer your raised questions.

Could you enlighten me on what "Kiva thermodynamics flow" exactly is? Because as far as I can research such a thing doesn't exist.

--> We can assure you “Kiva” Kiva-3v software does indeed exist, in fact our engineers are using it for product designs. Please do some more research, you will find some info on this, we did not want to get technical here, but since you have asked, here is a brief of its usage.
It is a “Fluid-thermodynamics” measuring method “analyzing software”. You can perform a lot of different tests with it; mainly it calculates and analyzes hot state or cold state fluid in motion such as gas particle travel or fuel break ups and heat dissipations within a given area such as internal combustion engine cylinders or flows within intake manifolds and exhaust systems, which we decided to utilize it to design and test specs of our exhaust systems. Sure, you are right anyone could bend and weld pipes, but we assure you there are reasons for designs of our products. FYI, this was the main testing software tool to design the GDI engine itself for many car manufacturers in the past.

Fluid flowmeter calibration is fine and all if you're testing a piping system for liquid flow i.e. oil, water, etc etc. Not the same for testing gasses/exhaust flow so not sure what you are testing here either.

--> In engineering term, Fluid thermodynamics also includes “gas state” motion, Please don’t confuse fluid with just liquid state substances, which you have confused with.

"Several independent 4wheel chassis dynamometer tests" - Hey its cool if you're throwing a 1M on SEVERAL AWD dynos, but that thing is RWD, the type of dyno won't matter, the brand of dyno will. No need to add fluff words to your post.

--> Unintended, you are correct, 1M is a RWD vehicle, but it also so happens that the dynamometer, our vehicle will be tested on, is an AWD dynamometer. No other intentions.

Where are the pics of this supposed R&D? Pictures of the CAD designs? Pics of your manufacturing process? Are these exhausts manufactured to ISO 9001 standards? How many prototypes were made before reaching the final product? Like I said, anyone can bend and weld pipe, to make a quality product that has been put through extensive design and testing is another. Adding a lot of BS tests and fluff words is insulting if you think we can be fooled by that.

--> Your statement is quite Bold. Before we get into any further details on this matter, the requested information is pretty confidential to our R&D and engineering design purposes. We assure you they exist, by the same token, we challenge you to request the same things from any product manufacturer (Not just exhaust manufacturer but such as Apple or Toyota) to reveal their R&D process and their product CAD designs and so on, and see what their responses will be.

If you are a perspective customer of ours and sincerely interested in learning of our product details, for sure, we can further assist you and fulfill your requests. Please feel free to contact us directly at anytime. Our website is www.gthaus.com and our telephone number is 866.278.1896.

BTW, please double check your idea of what ISO9001 refers to because it does not referred to product quality control. To make things easy, please review the following:

The internationally recognized ISO 9001 standard is generic. It is not a product standard, but applicable to any manufacturing or service industry. Created by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO), its objective is to set international requirements for quality management systems, not products…..

Now Back to original discussion,
We are not here for a business audit or anyone's boring lecture.
let’s enjoy the Video!!!

To the other forum members who enjoy our products and videos,
We are very sorry for this very long winded, unnecessary discussion.

GTHAUS
Appreciate 0