04-28-2012, 06:46 PM   #36
clived
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Evolved 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdaddylo View Post
If speed is not calculated from the rear wheels which I'm pretty sure it isn't...
Where do you think it is calculated from? I guess the P3 guys would know, unless they'd say "from the genuine speed data on the ODBII port" in which case we'd need to understand which sensor drives that value on the bus.

I should add I really like the gauge and would seriously consider fitting one - I just want to understand exactly how it's calculating these figures so as to understand under what circumstances it can be relied on and when it might be less accurate than a GPS derived result. Currently I believe that I could sit on the dyno and make the gauge show nonsense figures in a way that a Vbox can't be manipulated. Additionally a verified VBox run will have altitude and therefore incline, validated and there is no way a P3 reading can give us that. Absolutely not casting doubt on any of the figures posted here, just airing my concern that for those wishing to manipulate apparent times, the P3 gauge would be the weapon of choice.

Last edited by clived; 04-28-2012 at 06:54 PM..
Appreciate 0