04-26-2011, 10:22 PM   #13
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamS View Post
If we're going by what folks are reporting here, just a handful of people have received production numbers in the US. Extrapolate out for the people not visiting the forum, along with information from our members who call around to their area dealers and are told "no we don't have any production", etc., and I still think US allocation (so far) is still under 50 cars.

If we use ~600 as total US allocation through the end of the year, a likely distribution scenario could be:

March-April: <50
May: 75
June: 75
July: 75
August:75
Sept:75
Oct:75
Nov: 75
Dec: 50

So for any one dealer to get 6 out of 75 for the month, it just seems a bit of a stretch. I do hope you are successful!

Yep.

A dealer rep I spoke with three weeks ago said 56 cars have been sold. I think your numbers look pretty good. I can't see many dealers getting 6 for the year... let alone in a couple of months... with roughly 350 dealers around the country, and each getting one car, that means the next 250 get spread pretty thin... Even if only 50 of the 350 are "power dealers"... then that would mean that each of those 50 would get 5 additional cars...
Appreciate 0