Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboworld View Post
Dackleone,

I remember that you posted some time ago about how to find out what DME version is currently loaded. Can you remind me about how to do this?

Also, what is the preferable software version from BMW that will make the most power.

I am running Cobb Stage 2 with bolts on's so I am not sure that this matters but I think that BMW updated my software the last time I took my car in for service, when I specifically ask them not to mess with it.

I think the best SW level is probably one that your car left the BMW factory with. It seems like when you have your car flashed at the dealer they hvae different SW flashes to detune the power and "fix" some mechinal issues (like bad rattling wastegates or turbos) by special SW flash. Ofcourse these new SW flashes also seem to take that snappy throttle response and power we love from our 135i's. I personally think it is borderline criminal how BMW can change so dramatically how our car's run/drive by the way for a simple SW flash. And they don't tell us what all has changed in thier "latest and greatest" SW flash level.

I still have not found out a way for us to check/read what SW flash level we have loaded on our DME.

Way back when... I specualted that you could go into the radio hidden menu and look up the car's SW level. Or even when you "hack" or unlock the instrument pannel hidden menu. But those codes serial numbers have nothing to do with the SW flash level. You can not even see what flash level you have using the BT tool. Only can BMW dealer tell you(IF your lucky!) what SW level flash you have loaded on your car's DME.

Here is that video I posted way back when...

Appreciate 0