View Single Post
      06-05-2010, 09:03 AM   #17
HemisphereDancer
Private
Rep
Drives:

I recently took my '08 128i vert in for normal service. About a month prior to the service I noticed a loose thread that ran from the back of the driver window to the front and hung down about three inches from the seam. I also had the wear mark that has been mentioned on the driver side behind the windows.

I grabbed a loaner and headed out. About an hour later my SA called to tell me they were going to replace the top and liner. They also modified the mechanism for the wear mark.

It took just under a week and I went to pick up the car. It really looked to me that the new moonlight top appeared to shimmer more, but that may have just been the sun that day.

When I got in the car to leave I noticed that the liner above the driver side was not installed properly. Within 5 minutes I was back in the loaner. Late the next day after a fedexed liner arrived and was installed I had my 128 back and the top and liner looked great.

I admit I was surprised they replaced it when I went in and did not just clean up the threads. I was happy with BMW's commitment to my 128. Not as happy at the liner being installed wrong and my having to catch it but it was handled quickly.

Chris

Ordered: 4/23/08 / Received: 6/21/08
Appreciate 0