12-17-2012, 05:16 PM   #8
Cope
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 11' VO 1M, 17' LBB M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducboy View Post
Having just done a Bluetooth/Sirius/USB retrofit on my 2010 135i this past weekend, I can tell you that it is very possible. What you'll need is a Bluetooth/USB BMW Professional head unit, a mic (if you want hands free calling) and the standard USB/AUX cable and jack.

After installation (no coding yet), I can immediately place calls, although the voice commands are in German. My wife can understand it, but I will have to code to change that and enable Sirius. The USB/AUX cable is being ordered this week through my local dealer.
This is interesting, I wouldn't be against going down this route, where could I get another head unit (maybe I should find a DIY video and remove my headunit making sure it lacks whatever it is I'm missing)? would it be possible to order one through my dealer? have then install it? Or is it simple enough to do this on my own? I have a y-cable so that's one thing to not worry about. Bluetooth isn't a big concern but if it isn't too much extra work why not ehh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
Looks to me that BMW makes a USB retrofit kit! You only have to look to RealOEM.com to confirm this.

This is the kit for no Nav or Bluetooth...

http://realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?...14&hg=65&fg=95

I think you only need this part... #65410427467
I am not sure if you need those other parts or not. Make sure your car doesn't have any of those options - that they list.

On this page they listbmw/showparts.do?model=UR93&mospid=54062&btnr=65_1825& hg=65&fg=95[/url the USB retrofit kit for Nav or Bluetooth...
[url]http://realoem.com/]
I'm not too familiar with how realoem works, I don't know how I order that kit, and it doesn't look like the apparatus you use with the under the armrest usb/aux jack, the cable doesn't look like the Y-cable neither. I can say my head unit says "Professional" so Radio BMW Professional = No might mean I'm out of luck right away with that kit.